There are numerous reasons why open source projects would benefit by being part of the RESF, here are a few for consideration:
- The RESF provides a neutral ground for open source projects to be managed in a way that will guarantee transparency, commitment, and fairness to help build and sustain a community around the project.
- The RESF has resources available to open source projects and infrastructure that is available to benefit from an economy of scale. These include legals, Mattermost chat infrastructure, Google email/docs/calendaring, wikis, Git/project hosting, email lists, etc.
- The RESF strives for sustainability of open source projects, and to do that, there must be a combination of community management balanced with sponsor and partner commercialization and a commitment to “return the wealth” back into the open source community for the Project.
- Open source projects benefit from collaboration and support from other open source communities, and the RESF provides a fantastic collaboration point for various Projects and communities.
- The RESF is well funded by companies and sponsors and we can help open source projects build and host the resources they need to be successful.
- Every Project gets a voice within the Foundation. We have a logical structure such that every Project will have a Project Board, and each Project Board will have a seat on the Foundation Board. Complete transparency and balance across every Project and Team.